InnovizTwo scales in performance and cost while exceeding customer expectations and democratising autonomous driving
With a 30x performance improvement and 70% cost reduction over InnovizOne, Innoviz Technologies, a provider of high-performance solid-state LiDAR sensors and perception software, has unveiled the new generation InnovizTwo 905nm LiDAR sensor. It is expected that the updated version will allow for its adoption by any type of vehicle and promote faster adoption of safe autonomous driving. The InnovizTwo LiDAR sensor is specifically designed for automakers and Robotaxi, shuttle and delivery companies requiring an automotive-grade, mass-producible solution.
The new design includes a new detector, scanner and multiple developments in the optical packaging and the electric design. Features include:
- Extended Field of View (FoV) of 125×40 degrees
- Increased native resolution of 0.07×0.05 degrees, over 8000 lines each second, leaving no hazardous object undetected
- Range of 300m gives the ability to see small, dark objects with 10% reflectivity at over 220m under strong sun conditions of 100Klux using the high resolution of 0.07×0.05 degrees and 20 frames per second, keeping a full field of view.
- Configurable FoV, Region of Interest (ROI) and frame rate allows adjustment to dynamic scenario configuration. The combination of very wide FOV with an extensive range replaces the need for installing multiple LiDARs.
- Embedded Innoviz’s Automotive-grade Perception Platform (InnovizAPP) offers object detection and classification of cars, pedestrians, motorcycles as well as provides shape, orientation, velocity, acceleration and occlusion status. InnovizTwo provides a secure and holistic solution that includes classification and detection capabilities in addition to the point cloud within the same box
- ASIL B(D) functional safety, full temperature range of -40 to 85 Deg C, AUTOSAR, ASPICE, automotive ethernet interface & cyber protection
- Flexible and modular design to allow multiple design tradeoffs between multiple markets and verticals.
InnovizTwo samples will undergo rigorous testing and revisions this year to reach an optimum design. The product will enter series production during 2022 and serve leading OEM car programs due in 2023. Innoviz is also developing new manufacturing tools to reach production levels of between 500,000 and 1,000,000 units per year by 2024. Customers presently using InnovizOne today will be able to soon switch to InnovizTwo.
“Our LiDAR offers impeccable visual performance, at such an impressive price point. Its specs and features are designed to exceed customer requirements. I believe InnovizTwo is the world’s most powerful LiDAR that will very soon make autonomous vehicles an everyday safer reality,” said Omer Keilaf, CEO and Co-Founder of Innoviz.