The world never stands still. And new challenges arise every day. With a passion for questioning things, for supplying ideas, and intelligently driving things forward we are helping society move towards a more intelligent future. Be it with technologies that reduce carbon emissions in cities or hyperintelligent robots. This is how we are able, to tackle the most important projects and push them forward together. Help us shape the future.
With our innovative and integrated technology we support our customers in continuously improving the reliability, safety, and efficiency of products, processes and plants.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Digital Process Industries team as Test Engineer help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
Change the future with us!
- The ‘Test Engineer – Verification / Validation’ is primarily responsible for software testing in product development.
- He / she shall verify and validate the DCS functions ensuring that control applications & configuration are healthy. This includes reviewing, testing and maintaining releases for control applications used by plants. It also includes performing bug analysis, bug testing and validating cyber security requirements of plants.
- He/she is responsible for test design and its execution as per prescribed test strategy to ensure that software application complies with implicit and explicit requirements.
- Review user/software requirements documentation with stake holders.
- Specify and execute test cases (including automation scripts if applicable) based on analyzed requirements and overall test strategy.
- Develop & validate automated and manual tests.
- Report errors in bug tracking tool and track the issues to closure incl. support of defect investigation, validate defect fixes and analyze impact of fixes.
- Create test documentations including test specifications, impact testing and Ensure product & process quality as per customer requirements and defined software development guidelines together with Test Manager and as well as Lead Engineer Validation & Verification and reasoning.
- Create test reports including defect logging and test result logging, defect analysis, RCA, summary reports.
- Validate Technical documentation (e.g. Administrator’s Manuals, User guide)
Required Skills and Experience
- B.E/B.Tech in Instrumentation and Control / Electronics / Electrical / Computer Engineering.
- Candidate with 3-4 years of Software testing experience in any processing plants with control systems (DCS) and in Cyber Security areas.
- Practical experience at project sites would be essential with IT related security measures.
- Strong control process Domain knowledge is expected with Distributed Control System (DCS, PLC, SCADA)
- Experience in Administrator tasks of DCS & cyber security tasks is preferred.
- Cyber Security knowledge and experience with security tools is preferred.
- Strong presentation, interpersonal & Strong Analytical skills required.
- Experience on Simatic family products. (Scalances network switches, firewall, S7 CPU)
- Quick learner for new technologies.
- Experience in Engineering, commissioning and testing of Power Plant Automation systems (DCS) on project sites or any other processing plants will have an added advantage.