We strongly prefer working with individuals who are passionate about aerospace and are willing to work with us for the long term.
What It Takes
- If you like to think what goes around, comes around – this is for you
- If you have wondered why magnetic poles are never lonely – this is for you
- If you have wondered if every motor is a Faraday’s cage – this is for you
- Leads/owns the electromagnetic development of custom high-performance electric motors and actuators across PMDC, AC Inductor Motors and/or brushless DC motor.
- Design of all aspects of AC universal motor (magnetic circuit, winding, brushes, brush holder, commutator, material selection.)
- Understand the development of alternate motor types such as High Voltage PM DC and Brushless DC motors, high frequency induction motors etc.
- Support in selection of Brushless DC electric motor and PMDC motors.
- Ownership of all aspects of motor design including motor system mechanical and electrical components such as armature, output shaft, terminals, etc. Aids in the creation of CAD and 2D drawings for stators, rotors and assemblies
- Develops the design for winding architecture, magnetic architecture, flux carrier stamping and lamination joining.
- Creates framework for insulation systems, interconnections, thermal systems, sensing, Identifying and qualifying suppliers of raw materials, components, and assemblies.
- Validates performance and derives and delivers a durability testing profile.
- Designs keeping in mind – DFM, cost reductions, and second.
- Architects and performs thermal performance analysis for magnetic designs.
- Be able to perform: GD&T, 3D & 2D Drawings, DFMEA, PFMEA, structural & thermal FEA.
- BS or MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar discipline.
- 2+ years’ work experience in motor design or electrical machines.
- Experience and familiarity with Finite Element Analysis.
- Experience and familiarity with electro-magnetics, 3 phase power systems.
- Experience with building of prototypes.
- Experience with SolidWorks is a plus.
Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed..
What you could take away?
- You might have designed one of the most compact electric motors in the world!
- Your work will directly impact the company’s (and the rocket’s) trajectory.
- You will learn rocket science from some of the most senior and respected minds in ISRO.
- You will work on shaping space policy in India.
- You will dirty your hands in a global supply/chain optimization problem.
Location: Chennai, India
Company: Agnikul Cosmos
If interested, please send your resume in PDF format and a 3 line email describing – who you are, why you want to apply to Agnikul and something interesting about yourself. Send resumes to [email protected].